1. USER ACCOUNT
1. Each user is required to have UTMID account before applying to use the HPC and Grid.
2. Every application needs to be included letter of support supervisor.
3. This facility is provided according to the duration of the project application.
1. A job that you wish to submit is only the job that related to the projects in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and gives benefits to the university. If the job is submitted does not relate to the university, we are entitled to terminate your use of HPC and Grid facilities.
2. Maximum 1 running job is two week. If more, need to ask the special request.
3. The maximum for each user can submit only 2 jobs on a particular time.
4. HPC user costing has been implemented starting July, 2017. To execute jobs, free of charge, is 4 cores maximum for UTM students and staffs. If more than 4 cores are needed, please issue a special request to HPC Unit, UTMDigital. Charges will apply for jobs requiring more than 4 cores.
5. Consumer need to always check the job status to prevent a long pending job in case of the job has an error.
6. Output stored in the storage is for temporary, the users need to immediately store the output backups on elsewhere after the job processing has been completed. UTMDigital will not be responsible for output and backups loss.
Software install policy divided into two parts: –
1. Install software/tool in your user directory
a. Users are allowed to install their own software in their own respective directories on the condition of installed software is related to applications that use or wish to be used.
b. Users need to download the software and install it by their selves.
2. Install software/tool in the directory which requires superuser access
a. Users have to fill up and complete an installing software application form that could be downloaded online. This form contains complete information about the software that wishes to be installed such as, software name, version, website and so on.
b. Users need to download the software and installation guide before handing over the next task of installing it to the UTMDigital party.
1. The UTMDigital did not provide large storage to users. So, this storage space is limited to processes related to their applications, like data, programs and software.
2. Saving running result (output) in the storage is temporary. Users need to quickly download the output results after the job has been processed.
3. Data which is no longer used need to be removed immediately.
1. Please put UTMDigital UTM name in your publication that used UTMDigital HPC services as follows (for example):
We would like to thank Department of Digital Services (UTMDigital) in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia for supporting and providing facilities and services of high performance computing.